BORNMAN & HAYWARD ATTORNEYS
We as directors and staff, as a team, pride ourselves in providing quality legal solutions with integrity and efficiency. We are committed to the values of loyalty to our clients and one another with sincerity, honesty and integrity.
- General notarial services including marriage contracts and trusts inter vivos
- Drafting deeds of sales and registration of property transfers
- Township registrations and property developments
- Liquidation, sequestration and rehabilitation
- Construction and building disputes
- Rentals and eviction disputes
- Banking and credit disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Insurance disputes
- Estate planning
- Drafting of wills
- Advice on all aspects of the law of succession
- Drafting and registration of testamentary trust
- Valuation of deceased estates and assets
WHO WE ARE
The practice comprises of different departments which are directly controlled by one or more of the directors. Close co-operation between the departments ensures that all our clients’ legal needs are met.
We render our services to inter alia commercial and financial institutions, local authorities, developers, civil contractors, insurance companies and private individuals.
Admitted as Attorney and Conveyancer 1981. Notary 2005. Appraiser. Director since 1983
Admitted as Attorney 1994. Conveyancer 2004. Director since 1997.
“It is well established that contractual provisions are against public policy ‘… if there is a probability that unconscionable, immoral or illegal conduct will result from the implementation of the provisions according to the tenor’” (extract from judgment below) When...
Both sellers and buyers (of anything – houses, cars, you name it) need to understand how the CPA (Consumer Protection Act) has impacted on the very common “voetstoots” (“as is”) clause. Firstly, what’s the difference between “patent” and “latent” defects? Before we...
It’s every motorist’s nightmare – being stopped by a traffic officer, arrested, and carted off to the local police cells. Where you will likely languish (very, very unhappily by all accounts) until you are given “police bail”, or (in due course) taken to your first...
We have been pleased with the high standard of professional services provided by Bornman & Hayward. We recommend them for any and all legal matters.