BORNMAN & HAYWARD ATTORNEYS
We as directors and staff, as a team, pride ourselves in providing quality legal solutions with integrity and efficiency. We are committed to the values of loyalty to our clients and one another with sincerity, honesty and integrity.
- General notarial services including marriage contracts and trusts inter vivos
- Drafting deeds of sales and registration of property transfers
- Township registrations and property developments
- Liquidation, sequestration and rehabilitation
- Construction and building disputes
- Rentals and eviction disputes
- Banking and credit disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Insurance disputes
- Estate planning
- Drafting of wills
- Advice on all aspects of the law of succession
- Drafting and registration of testamentary trust
- Valuation of deceased estates and assets
WHO WE ARE
The practice comprises of different departments which are directly controlled by one or more of the directors. Close co-operation between the departments ensures that all our clients’ legal needs are met.
We render our services to inter alia commercial and financial institutions, local authorities, developers, civil contractors, insurance companies and private individuals.
Admitted as Attorney and Conveyancer 1981. Notary 2005. Appraiser. Director since 1983
Admitted as Attorney 1994. Conveyancer 2004. Director since 1997.
CREDITORS AND DEBTORS: IMPORTANT NEW PRESCRIPTION JUDGMENT “Running into debt isn’t so bad. It’s running into creditors that hurts” (Unknown) Debts prescribe (become uncollectable) after a specified period of time - 3 years for most run-of-the-mill debts but 30 years...
CLOSING DOWN THE GUESTHOUSE NEXT DOOR: NOTES FOR OWNERS AND NEIGHBOURS “You can be a good neighbour only if you have good neighbours” (Howard E. Koch, playwright)You decide – for whatever reason - that your neighbour’s new guesthouse is definitely not first prize in...
LIFE PARTNERS: BEWARE THE “COMMON LAW MARRIAGE” MYTH! “The general rule of our law is that cohabitation does not give rise to special legal consequences, no matter how long the relationship has endured” (From a 2010 High Court judgment and still applicable) One of the...
We have been pleased with the high standard of professional services provided by Bornman & Hayward. We recommend them for any and all legal matters.