Labour Law Department:
Bornman and Hayward’s Labour Law department offers comprehensive services in contract drafting and review, aimed at assisting employers in creating and reviewing employment contracts that meet legal requirements while safeguarding the employer’s interests. They specialise in resolving employment disputes, covering a wide range of issues such as unfair labour practices, discrimination, harassment, and wrongful dismissal, by mediating between employers and employees. In disciplinary hearings, Bornman and Hayward can either represent employers or employees or chair the proceedings to ensure fairness and adherence to the law. During periods of retrenchment or restructuring, they provide valuable guidance and support to employers, advising on legal requirements and helping minimise potential legal risks. The firm also assists employers with collective bargaining, helping them negotiate agreements with trade unions while ensuring compliance with labour laws. Moreover, Borman and Hayward excel in developing and implementing workplace policies and procedures that align with labour laws and regulations. They go beyond legal assistance by providing training and education to employers and employees, covering various aspects of labour law, compliance requirements, dispute resolution, and other employment-related matters. Overall, their Labour Law department offers essential human resources support and guidance to both employers and employees, ensuring the protection of rights and the lawful conduct of employment relationships.
We offer amongst others, the following services:
- Contract drafting and review:
- Assisting employers in drafting and reviewing employment contracts to ensure that they are legally compliant and protect the interests of the employer.
- Dispute resolution:
- Resolving employment disputes between employers and employees, including issues related to unfair labour practices, discrimination, harassment, and wrongful dismissal.
- Disciplinary hearings:
- Either representing employers or employees during disciplinary hearings or chairing such proceedings to ensure that the proceedings are conducted fairly and in accordance with the law.
- Retrenchment and restructuring:
- Facilitating and providing guidance and support to employers during retrenchment or restructuring cycles, including advising on the legal requirements for retrenchment and helping to minimise legal risks.
- Collective bargaining:
- Assisting employers with negotiating collective bargaining agreements with trade unions and ensuring compliance with labour laws and regulations.
- Development and Implementation of workplace policies and procedures:
- Assisting employers in developing and implementing workplace policies and procedures that are in compliance with labour laws and regulations.
- Training and education:
- Providing training and education to employers and employees on various aspects of labour law, including compliance requirements, dispute resolution, and other employment-related matters.
- Human Resources Support:
- Overall, providing essential human resources support and guidance to employers and employees; helping to ensure that the rights of all parties are protected and that employment relationships are conducted in compliance with the law.